Sunday, July 15, 2018

How to fix corrupted archive in WinRAR (90% working lol)

Sometimes you've downloaded an archive in .RAR format, but it says corrupted, in these cases, you'd need to update your WinRAR program, so it can open it, Why this happens? I don't really know, but I think because you're using an older version of the program while the archive made with a newer one

Example (NOT SURE IF THE VERSION VALUES ARE TRUE, JUST AN EXAMPLE):
Installed Version: 4.03
Version used for making the archive: 5.08

So it's in most cases not really "backwards compatible" but at least it can work though, in 90% of cases, the rest 10% that the archive is not really compressed well or it was uploaded corrupted in general.

If you found this helpful share it with yo' friends who have a problem with an archive :)

1 comment: